Thursday, 7:00 PM
Sunday, 8:00 and 10:45 AM
(Summer Sundays, 8 and 10 AM)
The Lord’s Supper is celebrated at every Thursday and Sunday service throughout the year and at all Festivals of the Church Year.
Children ages 3 through sixth grade are invited to attend our Sunday School hour at 9:30 AM on Sundays from September to May. Lessons center around stories of the Bible. After confirmation the children are invited to join Pastor’s Sunday morning Bible class.
If you are a non-Lutheran who would like to become a member of Our Father’s Lutheran Church, please speak to the Pastor. In order to receive the Sacrament of our Lord’s Supper, instruction in the Christian Faith according to the Scriptures and Luther’s Small Catechism is necessary. Classes are offered every Wednesday evening at 7:00 PM.
Private Absolution (as taught in Luther’s Small Catechism) is available by appointment. All confessions are kept in strictest confidence.
VISITATION OF THE HOSPITALIZED AND HOMEBOUND
The Pastor desires to visit those members of the Parish who are hospitalized or homebound. Visitation includes Scripture readings, prayers and the Lord’s Supper. Please contact the Pastor or church office if you know of someone in need of Pastoral visitation.
Other Important Rites
When you are expecting a child:
- inform the pastor so that he may pray for you and your child
- attend the Divine Service regularly
- think about who would be a faithful sponsor
- faithful, practicing Lutheran
- will encourage you and your child to be faithful
When the child is born:
- call the Pastor to offer a prayer of public thanksgiving and visit the hospital
- schedule the Baptism as soon as possible (sponsors do not need to be present)
- bring the child to the Divine Service to establish a life-long pattern of hearing the Word of God
- seek parental advice
- speak with the Pastor
- deal with the question of what the person specifically believes
- avoid the trap of sexual immorality, that is, living together outside marriage
- speak with the Pastor and ask for a public prayer of thanksgiving
- consult with the Pastor about the date and how to plan a Christian wedding service
- attend the Divine Service together regularly
- Christian funerals are only performed for those who have faithfully heard God’s Word and received His Sacrament
- contact the pastor at any time, day or night, when death is near so that the one dying receives the Word of God and the Lord’s Supper
- after death, schedule the funeral in the church by contacting the pastor
- the pastor plans the funeral service and lets the family know what the Psalm, the sermon text, and hymns are for the service